Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
alexgr
Novice
Liked: never

vCenter Web Plug-in with vCSA

Post by alexgr »

Good day,
I have a Veeam v9 U1 and a brand-new vCenter Server Appliance. I installed the Veeam Web Plug-in which were successful (at least the enterprise manager shows that the plug-in is installed). I used the vmware SSO admin account for the installation.

The thing: it doesn't show up. In vCSA management (via vsphere web client) I do see the veeam service but it says "not applicable". I couldn't find anything on vCSA and Web-Plugin. Any ideas?
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: vCenter Web Plug-in with vCSA

Post by nielsengelen »

Did you try a reinstall already? Please contact support to get assistance with this issue via webex.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Try to follow the solution in this thread > vSphere Web Client plug-in Not Showing Up. If this doesn't help, then opening a support case should be a way to go.
alexgr
Novice
Liked: never

Post by alexgr »

Thank you,
I will test it out as soon as I have some time.

regards
Khue
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

[MERGED] Veeam 9 - vCenter Appliance and Plugin Registration

Post by Khue »

Hey everyone,

I just installed the Veeam plugin to our vCenter Appliance. Everything seemed to install okay from the Backup Enterprise Manager. The manager is showing that the plugin was successfully installed. I am currently in the WebUI and I do not see the Veeam plugin available. I went ahead and restarted the vsphere-client service on the vCenter Appliance and no luck. Any ideas what I am missing?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Please review the thread above for the hint. Thanks.
Khue
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by Khue »

Understood Foggy. Apologies for not finding this using search. My Google-Fu was weak in this case.
alphinantony
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Alphin Antony

Post by alphinantony »

I'm facing a similar problem and the steps mentioned in the above mentioned thread didnt solve it.
Vitaliy S. wrote:Try to follow the solution in this thread > vSphere Web Client plug-in Not Showing Up. If this doesn't help, then opening a support case should be a way to go.

could someone help me out, please?

Thanks!
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

Please open a support case for further investigation where what went wrong.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
alphinantony
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Alphin Antony

Post by alphinantony » 1 person likes this post

The support team were able point out the issue in my backup infra. Since i didnt had a DNS server in my infra, the vCenter (VCSA)was not able to resolve the VBR EM url to download the plugins from EM. So i manually added an entry in the VCSA host file to resolve the EM hostname. Then everything worked perfectly!

I had a similar issue in my second installation (actually in production). But this time i had a DNS server, and so the issue was not with the hostname resolution. This time there was a firewall in between the VCSA and VBR EM, and as per the Veeam documentation (USED PORTS section) the traffic flow happens only from EM to vCenter during the plugin installation. But after checking the firewall logs i found out that the VCSA also initiates traffic to the EM after the plugin install is initiated from VBR EM, and it's being blocked. Also there is no mention of such a traffic flow in the user guide. After allowing that port (9443) VCSA --> EM, the plugin got installed perfectly.

I'm quoting the reply from Support Team
If there is a firewall, it might just block the traffic and installation may fail. Both sides initiate connection. First of all EM connects to vCenter, then vCenter connects to EM.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Antony,

Yep, that's correct, connections needed in a both ways. Thank you for the follow up!
There is a link in UG for the Enterprise manager network connectivity diagram.

Thanks!