Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
stewsie
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Paul

Schedule a tape backup to run after a copy job

Post by stewsie »

Hi

This has probably been requested/asked before so I apologise for asking again if it has.

When scheduling a tape job I can see that I can select to run "After this job" I am then able to select a backup job. What I want to be able to select is a copy job as a number of the tape jobs we have take a couple of days to complete and I use the copy job so that the actual backup is not impacted. I currently schedule the jobs to run at a specific time but for a handful of jobs would prefer to run after the copy job completes.

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Schedule a tape backup to run after a copy job

Post by foggy »

Hi Paul, are you saying you do not see your backup copy jobs in the list when selecting "After this job"?
stewsie
Expert

Post by stewsie »

That is what I was saying however I have just seen that the copy jobs are shown after the backup jobs. I was expecting them to be in alphabetical order.

Please excuse my stupidity
stewsie
Expert

Post by stewsie »

Hmm. Just checked again and actually looked properly this time. I cannot see any copy jobs as options to run the tape job After this job. I can only see backup and tape jobs as options.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

If those backup copy jobs were created by the same Veeam B&R instance, you should see them there. I suggest asking support to take a closer look.