Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Oib already exists in point 'id=...'

Post by foggy »

Tom, I've looked through your case and it turns out that nobody even asked you to provide full logs for investigation. You'd better do this to find out the exact issue you are experiencing as there are a number of adjacent OIB issues having different workarounds/fixes. Also, I've asked support guys to give more descriptive advises regarding this.
averylarry
Veteran
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Ted

Post by averylarry »

For me, (after a few "are you really sure about this?" emails with tech support), I ended up doing the following:

1) Disabled log truncation in the job.
2) Reboot the server (which is also the proxy server and repository).
3) Ran the job. It worked WOO HOO!
4) Re-enabled the log truncation.
5) Ran the job -- it worked and the logs have been truncated.

I have not yet (but likely will soon) attempted to verify that the backup is still valid and that the historical chain is also still valid. (I don't have enough processing power to test my Exchange server during production hours using surebackup/virtual lab/instant restore).
bvandeneynde
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bart Van den Eynde

Post by bvandeneynde »

I have the same issue's and like to have the hotfixes as well! I opened today the following case "5178253" regarding this issue.

Thanks
trichert
Influencer
Full Name: Todd Richert

Post by trichert »

Just set up a new virtual environment in our miami datacenter (seperate from where we currently have this problem) put 2 esxi 5 hosts in it, 20 vm's, setup backups. Poof within 3 days we have the OIB already exists error on 2 of our jobs. How do we get this fixed ??
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Please read above for some workarounds.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Todd, please open a support case and let our technical team investigate. If your particular issue has the available hotfix, you will get it.
trichert
Influencer

Post by trichert »

Just opened, another, case on this issue..(i can mail you the case # but you should be able to see it on my account) The phone tech knows about the OIB error but nothing about a hotfix, he tried to give me the 'only fix is to delete the job and start over' line.

This error does not happen 'rarely' for us it is 'nearly constant'. If i deleted backup jobs every time this happened, I would never have a backup chain, ever. Litteraly this happens between my 2 environments 1-2x/week and eventually goes away but i lose 3-5 days of backups while it works itself out. Please escalate fix for this issue :)
mongie
Expert
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: Alex Macaronis

Post by mongie »

So, I get this issue as well... some times I am able to just re-run the backup and it starts working again.

I'm wondering though - someone mentioned you can re-map existing backups to a new job. How do you do that? At the moment I'm stuck making a new Full every time, and when your file servers are a 5TB full backup, that hurts.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Backup mapping functionality is described in user guide, p.95 (New Backup Job wizard description, 'Step 6. Specify Backup Storage Settings').
htwnrva
Enthusiast
Full Name: Ronny

Post by htwnrva »

Have the same issue in my environment, deleting the offending VM and restarting the job works. But the problem itself needs to be fixed.
trichert
Influencer

Post by trichert »

FYI -- The hotfix resolved this issue in both of my environments.
hispan1c
Lurker
Full Name: Carlos

Post by hispan1c »

We are experiencing exactly the same problem. I've opened a support case with number: 5179465.
ntc09
Novice
Full Name: Scott Davis

Post by ntc09 »

I opened a case and installed the hot fix dll's. Retreied the job and it was successful however it did not seem to really do anything.
I kicked off the job again and it processed the servers and completed.
Hopefully this will correct the issue.
jlehman
Novice

Post by jlehman »

Hi.
What hotfix are you refering to Patch3 6.0.0.181?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

No, I suppose this was the private hotfix DLL. Please open the case to get it.
jlehman
Novice

Post by jlehman »

Thanks I have- just supprised that it was not made readily available as this has been the most discussed issue with V6
jlehman
Novice

Post by jlehman »

Hi.
I did download the fix from the link sent by support and it did fix the problem in that job which is terrific!
Installed it on 6 other backup servers without any side issues as the jobs all ran flawlessly.
Veeam should proactively contact everyone that has submitted a support case and provide the link to the fix.
It will make their day!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Well, considering there are 3 different issues that may cause similar oib errors, this is not as simple. Our support does need to investigate logs to see which one is it.
mleland
Lurker
Full Name: Mike Leland

Post by mleland »

I just ran into this " OIB already exists" issue while evaluating V6.

I know the cause in my case, as the log from the first attempt to run this job showed a failed attempt to lookup my vSphere Server's ip address.

For some reason that left the VM with data in the backup set yet I kept getting the "OIB" error.

As this is just an evaluation I did end up deleting the backup data for this one VM and a re-run of the job was successful.

A good question for the QA\ENG guys would be why this simple error caused a failed backup? I mean it doesn't look it ever tried to lookup the VS Server address again. It seems there was a maint window on one of the internal DNS servers and the other one was not configured correctly that caused the DNS lookup issue. These issues have been addressed already.

I just wanted to add my experience with this error to the list of possible causes.
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

Just had the same issue, two Hyper-V Hosts both having the same issue. They both use Veeam Agent 2.0 to backup to a backup server across a network. Stopping the backup attempts and rebooting the backup server seems to have fix this issue for both.

I had this same issue a few months back and I found deleting the backup set also fixes the issue but then we lose the backup history so I had hoped to avoid it this time around.
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

Seems to only happen with one USB drive, even after a full format. I have replaced the USB drive and seems to be working fine now. Hardware issue perhaps?