Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
johnlockie
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Stop "Resolved" Emails?

Post by johnlockie »

How do you configure VeeamONE to stop spamming '....has been changed to Reset/Resolved' emails? We tried to set alerts to "warning and error" only, but it continues to send these "alert resolved" messages.

In addition to that we receive a generic "summary" of resolved alerts, which we do not mind. It doesn't consolidate all the resolved errors in these emails though, very strange!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Stop "Resolved" Emails?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi John,

Please navigate to Monitor Server Settings -> Alarms tab -> uncheck "Send notification when alarm metrics are back to normal". As to the summary email, then it consolidates alarms that were manually resolved only.

We are going to enhance our notification engine in the next release, stay tuned to our forums for more details! ;)

Thanks!
johnlockie
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by johnlockie »

Sweet thanks. That was stupid easy :P

The notifications tweaking could use some upgrades, but it's not bad as it is now.
Daveyd
Veteran
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Dave DeLollis

Post by Daveyd »

Vit,

Is there a way to stop the Resolved (previous state: Warning) emails from being sent when the alert is set to "Error Only"? I do not get emails when an alarm goes into Warning state, which is to be expected since I chose Errors Only But I get a Resolved email when the aralm goes out of Warning state...which I do not want. I only want a resolved email when it goes out of Error state.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Currently there is no way to do that, but let me see what we can do in the next release with these notifications.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. » 2 people like this post

Small update - I have just received a confirmation from our dev team that your scenario will be supported in our next version!
Daveyd
Veteran
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Dave DeLollis

Post by Daveyd »

Very cool!