[NEW BUILD] Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE RC

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Re: [NEW BUILD] Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE RC

Veeam Logoby ken.wilson » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:43 pm

vmniels wrote:You will have to connect to the Veeam server locally first as explained in veeam-endpoint-backup-f33/ga-cloud-connect-t26676.html

Can I request to have this added to the roadmap for future releases? This would be a great feature and cut out the need to connect to the Veeam server first.
ken.wilson
Service Provider

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Ken Wilson

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Yes, you can and you have just done it via forums ;)
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby A for Anonymous » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:35 pm

Unfortunately, the download link is not working for me at all, I get an error saying the website redirects incorrectly/loops.
A for Anonymous
Novice

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Are you logged in to our website (veeam.com) when you click on the download link?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby A for Anonymous » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Yes, I am. The link redirects me to http://www.veeam.com/message.html?retur ... up/ep1_rc/: and then I get the error "The page isn't redirecting properly" in Firefox. Get the same thing in Chrome, too, just with a slightly different error that says the same thing.
A for Anonymous
Novice

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:09 pm

I have successfully downloaded the bits right now. Will forward this feedback to our web team for further review.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby ken.wilson » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:19 pm

The download is working for me. I downloaded it this morning and again right now at another location. I would try it on another machine and make sure you are logged into Veaam.com first.
ken.wilson
Service Provider

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Ken Wilson

Veeam Logoby A for Anonymous » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:28 pm

Actually, I think I know the issue here. I want to download this as an end user (since I intend to use this on my personal PC, not my corporate PC), I signed up using my Google account (Which is different from my forum account because I don't want to have my posts indexed with my real name on the internet), but my profile appears to be incomplete. I now tried to make the profile complete, but like a majority of private, personal email accounts, I use an @gmail.com address (I didn't use one for this profile, but I can't use that one for the proper account), which the Veeam website rejects... May I recommend adding a toggle "Use: Personal/Commercial", allowing the blocked address for the former accounts?
A for Anonymous
Novice

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Forum account and website account are not connected to each other, so you should not be worried. I will forward your feedback to our web site team.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby Eryk4381 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Is there any update on full release?
Also, I would like to deploy this using SCCM or a GPO if possible. Has anyone got this to work successfully yet with Deploying, Setting up a backup schedule, and pointing the backups to the a Veeam repository on a server?
Eryk4381
Novice

Full Name: Eric Schroeder

Veeam Logoby A for Anonymous » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:08 pm

Vitaliy S. wrote:so you should not be worried.
I'm not, because of the way I set it up. :) I just explained that it is set up that way because otherwise it might seem strange. :)
A for Anonymous
Novice

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi Eric, what kind of update on the full release you're after on top of the timelines provided in the first post of this topic?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:30 pm

A for Anonymous wrote:Unfortunately, the download link is not working for me at all, I get an error saying the website redirects incorrectly/loops.

We have a few thousands of downloads by now, and they are keep happening every minute, so this must be something on your end.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2349 times

Veeam Logoby Eryk4381 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi Eric, what kind of update on the full release you're after on top of the timelines provided in the first post of this topic?

Ha. Besides the fact I didnt fully read the "a few more weeks" :)
Sorry about that.
Eryk4381
Novice

Full Name: Eric Schroeder

Veeam Logoby A for Anonymous » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:50 am

Gostev wrote:We have a few thousands of downloads by now, and they are keep happening every minute, so this must be something on your end.
It's definitely the issue with the account I described above. I bypassed this now by configuring a forwarding address, But if you intend to go into the end user segment (as is evident from you guys creating Endpoint Backup) you should really fix up your website to allow non-corporate individuals with non-corporate email addresses to sign up. Not everyone is as motivated as I am. :) And also, the Website shouldn't do that weird redirection loop if an account is in the same state that mine was in.
A for Anonymous
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows