Change Repository IP Address

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Change Repository IP Address

Veeam Logoby augsysad » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:17 am

Hi,

I am having some trouble changing the IP Address of a Windows Server Repository. The box in question only hosts the Repository role and is moving to a different subnet, but there doesn't seem to be an option to change the IP address of it. I have a decent amount of data I want to avoid recopying across. Before I mess things up by trying to add a new repository with an existing backup chain on it, is there a 'proper' way of doing this. I have seen a KB article for repositories that are created using SMB/Shared Folder but not for Windows Server repositories created using IP address.

Thanks
Alex
augsysad
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Alex

Re: Change Repository IP Address

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:15 am

Hi Alex,

Just to be sure:
1. You have a VBR server, and an additional server which is your repository. You added this by IP-address and not by hostname. Is that correct?
2. You will change the IP of that repository server to another subnet (and I assume the networking part is all ready)

If this is the case:
Personally I have never done this type of operation but: One of the great things about B&R is that you won't need to recopy. If you are going to re-ip it, then chances are big that you will need to re-add it to the infrastructure and do a rescan. Most probably you will need to change the jobs also to point to the "new" repository (so that they continue to use the correct chain. See here for more information: https://www.veeam.com/kb1729
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 390 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Change Repository IP Address

Veeam Logoby foggy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:36 pm

You can also try this solution.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1142 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication