Discussions specific to the VMware vSphere hypervisor
pvr2002
Novice
Liked: never

[MERGED] Feature Request : Linked SureBackup Jobs

Post by pvr2002 » Sep 27, 2017 3:44 pm

We have roughly 12 SureBackup jobs that we are running weekly. For the last few weeks we have been adjusting the time that each job starts in order to minimize the amount of time it takes for them all to complete.

I would like to request the ability to link 1 SureBackup job to another. This way we can have 1 scheduled to start in the morning and the other jobs will kick off immediately following the 1st jobs completion.

Thanks,
Paul

foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 1396 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Chain SureBackup Jobs

Post by foggy » Oct 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi Paul, thanks for the request. Please review this thread for some workarounds.

LazyLoneLion
Novice
Liked: never

[MERGED] SureBackup schedule after another SureBackupJob

Post by LazyLoneLion » Apr 25, 2018 7:56 am

It sometimes seems convenient to schedule SureBackup job after another SureBackup job, not after Backup job. There is only one lab, and you can't run SureBackup if the lab is busy with another SB-job. It's just good to have them run consequently, one-by-one.

Is this feature possible?

Or maybe some kind of option like "retry 3 times in 15 minutes if resource (lab) is busy" would be even much better.

Dima P.
Veeam Software
Liked: 659 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. » Apr 25, 2018 10:32 am

Hello LazyLoneLion.

Thank you for your request! I've merged your post to existing discussion, take a look for the suggested workaround.

JoshuaPostSAMC
Expert
Liked: 17 times

Post by JoshuaPostSAMC » Apr 30, 2018 1:50 pm

Maybe one day Veeam will add this feature that has been needed for a long time, but until then, their recommendation is to use Powershell to chain the jobs. I used individual jobs to test the configuration and then rolled them into one giant SureBackup job that tested multiple backup job data at once. It takes more than 18 hours to test all of my VMs, so I have two virtual labs on two different hosts and now I can complete in 12-18 hours and have every VM tested.