Chain SureBackup Jobs

Discussions specific to VMware vSphere hypervisor

[MERGED] Feature Request : Linked SureBackup Jobs

Veeam Logoby pvr2002 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:44 pm

We have roughly 12 SureBackup jobs that we are running weekly. For the last few weeks we have been adjusting the time that each job starts in order to minimize the amount of time it takes for them all to complete.

I would like to request the ability to link 1 SureBackup job to another. This way we can have 1 scheduled to start in the morning and the other jobs will kick off immediately following the 1st jobs completion.

Thanks,
Paul
pvr2002
Novice

Liked: never

Re: Chain SureBackup Jobs

Veeam Logoby foggy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi Paul, thanks for the request. Please review this thread for some workarounds.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1296 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

[MERGED] SureBackup schedule after another SureBackupJob

Veeam Logoby LazyLoneLion » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:56 am

It sometimes seems convenient to schedule SureBackup job after another SureBackup job, not after Backup job. There is only one lab, and you can't run SureBackup if the lab is busy with another SB-job. It's just good to have them run consequently, one-by-one.

Is this feature possible?

Or maybe some kind of option like "retry 3 times in 15 minutes if resource (lab) is busy" would be even much better.
LazyLoneLion
Novice

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:32 am

Hello LazyLoneLion.

Thank you for your request! I've merged your post to existing discussion, take a look for the suggested workaround.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 561 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby JoshuaPostSAMC » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:50 pm

Maybe one day Veeam will add this feature that has been needed for a long time, but until then, their recommendation is to use Powershell to chain the jobs. I used individual jobs to test the configuration and then rolled them into one giant SureBackup job that tested multiple backup job data at once. It takes more than 18 hours to test all of my VMs, so I have two virtual labs on two different hosts and now I can complete in 12-18 hours and have every VM tested.
JoshuaPostSAMC
Expert

Liked: 17 times

Previous

Return to VMware vSphere