Management reporting and documentation
rderonne
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rosemarie DeRonne

Re: Veeam Wishlist / Reports

Post by rderonne »

Good Morning,

We have to perform regular server audits. As part of the audit we have to provide the date of the last full backup, and job status. I am not sure if this has been requested, but I would love to see a report that contains the following information in one easy already expanded view:

Computer name, Last Full Backup Date, job status (success/failure).

I am still new to Veeam One reporter and have been working with the report builder to create this report. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks so much !

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager
Liked: 1794 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Rosemarie,

Did you try to use a report builder or custom backup infrastructure report to achieve that? The later provides you with an option to put your own columns into the report, so it should address your request.

Thank you!

bsmith-mmo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Brian Smith

Post by bsmith-mmo »

Shestakov wrote:
Dec 10, 2019 5:06 pm
I see your concerns about Job History report. We will take into account your request about VM Daily Protection Status report for future releases.
Thanks for the detailed feedback!
Shestakov,

I updated our Veeam installation to V10 yesterday and noticed that this is still not an option. Do you have any timeline as to when this might be implemented? I'm rather surprised that ONE does not include more granular options to begin with. I am also surprised, and disappointed, that Veeam forces users to purchase ONE just to get half-way decent backup status reports instead of it being baked into B&R by default.

Shestakov
Expert
Liked: 773 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Brian,
The quoted post was written in Dec, 2019. We physically had no option to include your request into v10 release.
I'll raise the priority for that feature for the future releases, however, I cannot promise any ETA.