Veeam Wishlist / Reports

Management reporting and documentation

Re: Veeam Wishlist / Reports

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:32 pm

Davide, thanks for the FR. Do you already use Veeam ONE backup reports? If yes, then what would be TOP 3 you would like to port to Veeam Endpoint Backup report pack?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1104 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby davide.depaoli » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:55 pm 1 person likes this post

Hi Vitaliy,
for sure BACKUP JOB HISTORICAL INFORMATION, and then I think would be useful DAILY BACKUP STATUS; for the third I have no idea, but I'm normally work on small environments and have limited needs (for example no chargeback, billing or big assessments), but perhaps someone who works on large environments will have more imagination than me ;-)
Thank you
------------------------------
H.M.S. Sipac SpA
Veeam Gold ProPartner
davide.depaoli
Veeam ProPartner

Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Davide Depaoli

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Davide, yes, this list perfectly matches our own ideas on the possible integration. What about Protected VMs report? Should be useful too, if you want to understand what hasn't been backed up for some time.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby davide.depaoli » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:27 pm

Good idea Vitaly.
It could be useful, for example, to check if some user has disabled or uninstalled VEB/VAL (if the last endpoint backup is very old could be that the agent has been disabled).
------------------------------
H.M.S. Sipac SpA
Veeam Gold ProPartner
davide.depaoli
Veeam ProPartner

Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Davide Depaoli

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Good, we will keep your reports list in mind when discussing features for our next releases.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby peterauld » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:50 pm

I had a quick search but couldn't find this already, apologies if I just missed it.

The "VM Uptime" report for VMware tells you the Number of Reboots, Alarms, actual downtime then finally Uptime % - perfect, drops straight into a department/board report.
The Hyper-V version (guess what I use) only has the Uptime %. Any possibility the Hyper-V version get these extra fields added as well?

Also, why just VM Uptime? Why not apply the exact same statistics to the Hosts/Nodes. I'm sure that'd be just as interesting, especially in large environments.
-edit- Just noticed, you do have it but it's again only for VMware. Hyper-V needs some love!
peterauld
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Peter Auld

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi Peter, agree with everything said above :) Good suggestions for v10. Out of curiosity, how many hosts do you have have running Hyper-V and vSphere? What's the breakdown? Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby peterauld » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:36 am

Don't actually have any running vSphere which is why it's such a kicker, no access to the great reports.
We only have 5 Hyper-V hosts which I know is actually quite small, plenty of deployments that are much bigger out there.
peterauld
Lurker

Full Name: Peter Auld

Veeam Logoby Shestakov » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:35 am

Hello Peter,
Thanks for the reply. That`s not the first request already, so we will add the report in future versions.
Shestakov
Veeam Software

Liked: 396 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Veeam Logoby benthomas » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:34 am

Being able to base reports and/business views on SCVMM Clouds would be a huge win for me.

I run a MSP IaaS platform based on Hyper-V 2016 + SCVMM 2016, and heavily use VMM Cloud to separate customer VMs. I currently have to create custom Business Views based on what datastore the VM is in in order to replicate this, but it doesn't always translate accurately.
It would be nice to be able to report on these for capacity usage and trending predictions.

Additional monitoring of Storage Spaces Direct counters would be nice, they expose great counters natively for things like VM/Volume/Host/Cluster IOPS/Latency/Bandwidth and also things like Cache usage/hits/misses/destages. It would be great if Veeam One could create a report based on these stats for the past month and estimate cache utilization and active working sets. This would be a big win for sizing Storage Spaces Direct hyper-converged clusters.
benthomas
Service Provider

Full Name: Ben Thomas

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi Ben,

Not sure where VMM cloud can fit in the infrastructure tree, but collecting this data and then automatically creating BV groups based on this should help here, right? Most of the reports are already using BV as a scope, so there will be no need to change them.

Do you want to monitor everything that is published for Storage Spaces Direct or there are top counters that should be added in the first place?

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby jregel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:38 pm

Feature request: Report content in email body

Hi

We currently output most of our Veeam Reporter reports to PDF which are then emailed to specific users.

I would like an option to specify the format as "Email" such that the content of the report is in the body of the email and not as an attachment.

Not having to open each attachement would be a real time saver when reading through a lot of status reports on a Monday morning.

Thanks for considering.

JR
jregel
Novice

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Julian Regel

Veeam Logoby Shestakov » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:48 am

Hi Julian,
What kind of reports are you interested in could you name them?
Some of the reports are hundreds of pages long so it would be tricky to send them as an email though.
Thank you for the request.
Shestakov
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby jregel » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi

The reports we frequently use and review are:

- VM Backup Status
- Latest Backup Job Status
- Active Snapshots
- Guest Disk Free Space

In our situation, these reports are typically < 10 pages long, so would work in an email body.

Thanks
jregel
Novice

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Julian Regel

Veeam Logoby Shestakov » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Thanks for the reply Julian!
We will take the request into consideration.
Shestakov
Veeam Software

Previous

Return to Reporting